Bimble may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st January 2012 and was last updated on 18th May 2018.
For the purposes of the GDPR regulations, we are a Data Controller. We collect and use customer data under the following GDPR provisions:
1. The data subject has given consent to the processing of his/her personal data for one or more specific purposes
2. Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
· Your name
· contact information including email address, phone number and postal address
· demographic information such as preferences and interests, including order history
· other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
1. To fulfil orders that you place with us
2. Internal customer record keeping.
3. We may use the information to improve our products and services. Where this is the case, this information will not be kept in such a way that the customer is personally identifiable.
4. We may occasionally send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, including our newsletter, using the email address which you have provided. This is subject to ‘Active Opt-In’, meaning that you will only receive these emails if you actively opt in to receive them. You may opt out at any time.
5. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or post. You have the right to opt out of any form of contact you choose at any time. Please contact us at email@example.com to opt out of contact.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling and Sharing your personal information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All of our email newsletters and similar communications contain clear unsubscribe links to make this easier.
We will never sell your personal information. We will not distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your express permission or are required by law to do so. We may also share your personal information with the following parties for the following reasons:
1) Royal Mail, UPS and any other courier we use for delivery purposes - we need to share customer's names and addresses to enable them to deliver orders.
2) Our web hosts (Krystal Hosting Ltd), where a customer sends an email to us or we send an email to a customer, our web hosts will have the contents of that email on their mailservers and our cloud back-up.
3) Our cloud back-up server is held with Dropbox, which is where we keep a secure back-up of the data we need to process orders.
4) Where customers have opted in to receive newsletters and other email from us, their email address and name will be stored in our Mailchimp database.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. If you would like a copy of the information held on you via post, please write to GDPR, Bimble, 68 Brackenwood Drive, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS8 1RJ. Please include your full name and current postcode to enable us to locate your information. If you would like a copy sent via email, please email us at email@example.com, and include your full name and postcode.
You may request that we delete all information held on you. To do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full name and postcode.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.